EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CAREER
Dr. Heimann studied at the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg, the Goethe-University in Frankfurt am Main and at the University of Leeds, England. She received her doctorate with a thesis in the field of European collective labor law. Dr. Heimann completed her legal clerkship at the District Court and the Labour Court of Frankfurt am Main, also with a focus on labour law.
After working for other law firms specializing in labour law, Dr. Heimann joined BLUEDEX in 2017.
- European Works Councils – Germany, in: International Encyclopaedia of Labour Law and Industrial Relations, Kluwer, 2019.
- Substantive Agreements of European Works Councils: Practice and Law, Peter Lang, 2014.
- Regular expert contributions in the field of labour law (e.g. author for the Expert Forum on Labor Law)
COMPETENCIES AND AREAS OF ACTIVITY
Dr. Elena Heimann is a specialist lawyer for employment law, Associated Partner and has been working for BLUEDEX Labour Law since its foundation. She advises on all aspects of individual and collective labour law. In doing so, she advises and represents national and international clients, in particular in matters of works constitution law, in the structuring of employment relationships, in the context of complex restructuring projects as well as in dismissal protection proceedings.
Dr. Elena Heimann holds ongoing seminars and lectures on various current topics.
- Management training company agreement – flexible working time
- Conducting separation interviews – workshop for HR managers and executives (together with Susanne Bitsch and Anne John)
- Mobile working (together with Susanne Bitsch and Marc Ebert)
- Drafting termination agreements (together with Verena Pietrusky)
- Leading at a distance (together with Verena Pietrusky and Elisabeth Ganss)
- Lost in Change – Communication in Restructuring (together with Susanne Bitsch and Nikolaus Kessel)
- Business Talk at the Marburg Employment Agency – Mobile working, hybrid working or home office?
- Disruptions in the world of work with Corona (together with Susanne Bitsch)
- Recognizing, understanding & addressing psychological stress in the workplace (together with Verena Pietrusky and Holger Bartlick)
- Conducting separation interviews virtually – workshop for HR managers and executives (together with Susanne Bitsch and Anne John)
- Outplacement and its implementation under employment law (together with Verena Pietrusky and Andrea Zentgraf)
- Communication in Restructuring with a focus on Dialogue Events (together with Susanne Bitsch and Nikolaus Kessel)
- Performance Management and Virtual Leadership (together with Dana Hardt and Verena Pietrusky)